We Are Hiring
Sr Asst-Med Lab Phlebotomist - General Lab Anc 001 - Full-Time, Day - Providence Health Center - Waco,TX
Shift: Dayshift, hours TBD. Some weekend rotation
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Providence Healthcare Network-TX, you will have the opportunity to perform advanced specimen processing and clerical functions in one or more sections of the laboratory. May collect specimens and perform waived testing under technical supervision.
- Performs receiving, record keeping, accessioning, phlebotomy, processing, and transporting of specimens. Conducts materials management duties, orders add on tests, audits pending logs, and resolves duplicate orders.
- Sets up, maintains and troubleshoots as needed. Loads samples on automated analyzers.
- Performs client service duties; registration, billing-related functions, training and guidance.
- Assists in pathology to include, but not limited to: pulling and filing of slides and blocks, processing pathology samples and managing and tracking send outs.
- Manages and tracks reference testing and result routing.
- May perform daily tasks without on-site supervision.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Phlebotomy credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
- Medical Laboratory Assistant credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Healthcare Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE M/F/D/V).
A mission of compassion.
A vision of excellence.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.