This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Evenings - 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm
Providence Health System - Washington, DC
Why Join Ascension?
Based in the District of Columbia, Providence operates primary care services, geriatrics including skilled nursing care at Carroll Manor, outpatient behavioral health, care coordination for Medicaid beneficiaries through the My Health GPS program, a working retail pharmacy and access to free medications to those who need it most. Providence, which has served the District of Columbia for more than 150 years, is transforming to a new healthcare delivery model that re-envisions the delivery of care to meet the community's health needs and how to best contribute to building healthier communities.
Providence is a part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Security Officer with Providence Health System-DC, you will have the opportunity to provide security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats.
- Investigates, documents and manages security incidents and hazards.
- Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. May facilitate planned drills and simulations.
- Trains and mentors staff on environment of care and emergency management processes and procedures. Provides information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety.
- Provides for traffic and parking enforcement within campus area and participates in foot and vehicle patrols.
- Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Operates vehicle in a safe and responsible manner to avoid accidents and traffic or parking violations.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider.
- Law Enforcement.
- Security Professional.
- Security Guard.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Providence Hospital a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)