We Are Hiring
RN Assistant Clinical Leader / Nursing Supervisor - Cardiology Unit - Full-Time, Night - Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Warren Campus - Warren, MI
Full-time Night Position / 7 pm - 7 am
7 West is a 22 bed Cardiac Telemetry Care Unit.
Are you looking for a great opportunity to grow? 7 West is a fast paced Cardiology Unit that specializes in Cardiac Arrhythmias. Staff are ACLS trained, and proficient in dysrhythmia interpretation and treatment with vasoactive medications.
At Ascension Macomb Oakland we encourage self care by offering employee self-scheduling, team orientated decision making and opportunities for growth within the nursing profession. Currently developing a unit based shared governance group to participate in decisions about delivery of patient care.
Ascension Macomb-Oakland has implemented new communication and telemetry technology including state of the art smart devices for communication between caregivers and bedside monitoring equipment that interfaces with the electronic medical record.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to supervise, coordinate, and provide leadership while directing activities of clinical/non-clinical or interdisciplinary teams of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff delivering quality patient care and ensuring implementation of clinical objectives in an assigned area.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments of clinical/non-clinical or an interdisciplinary team of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff, ensuring thatpopulation appropriate patient care is given.
- In accordance with the applicable State Nurse Practice Act, delegates appropriate duties to clinical/non-clinicalor interdisciplinary teams of licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff based on their assessed skills and abilities.
- Gathers information from other members of the clinical/non-clinical or interdisciplinary team and uses this data to plan for the care of all patients on the unit for the shift.
- Evaluates the care delivered by other licensed and non-licensed caregivers and support staff by providing direct and immediate feedback and coaching, ongoing verbal and written feedback to the clinical/non-clinical leader on the performance of staff and evaluating the performance trends under his/her direction and recommends and participates in corrective/disciplinary action as required.
- Participates in the hiring process for new staff members assigned to the shift by conducting interviews and making hiring recommendations to the clinical/non-clinical leader.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)