We Are Hiring
Business Systems Manager - ACO Member Svcs 001 - Full-Time, Day - Quarry Lake - Austin, TX
8AM-5PM, Monday - Friday (normal office hours; start/end time can be flexible)
- 1+ years’ experience managing people
- 5+ years’ experience in healthcare analytics domain (SQL queries, BI/dashboard development, healthcare data analysis and extraction)
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills
- Strong interpersonal and time-management skills
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Seton, you will have the opportunity to manage planning and implementation of functional area-based computer applications and related resources.
- Identifies and analyzes business systems. Challenges inefficiencies, recommends and implements solutions as needed. Manages evaluation of vendor-supplied software, recommendation of preferred vendors and provision of advice on the financial implications of software selection. Assists in system testing to ensure all data definitions are correct and the system is functioning correctly.
- Identifies, creates and implements related policies and procedures including development of departmental business systems backup procedures.
- Oversees troubleshooting and identification/correction of inefficiencies in related computer systems and business processes. Advises/ assists departmental directors in analyzing operational problems as they relate to application areas.
- Develops work teams, delegates tasks and coordinates unit or departmental information systems projects, budgets and maintenance. Develops communication materials and provides education/training for staff end-users.
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions, key operations and performance metrics.
- Oversee the analytics/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, assignment, etc.
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements.
- Examine, interpret and report results of analytical initiatives to stakeholders.
- Organize and drive successful completion of analytics initiatives through effective management of staff and effective collaboration with stakeholders.
- Oversee recruitment, performance management, staff satisfaction and conflict management within the analytics team.
- Create and oversee customer success and support opportunities, championing data-driven decisions and self-service analytics capabilities.
- Serve as analytics liaison to the business and stand-in for the Director of the analytics team in various business-facing ceremonies that require analytics input
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience required. 5 years of experience preferred. 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.