This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Full-Time,Nights - 11:00pm to 7:30am
Providence Health System - Washington,DC
Why Join Ascension?
Based in the District of Columbia, Providence operates primary care services, geriatrics including skilled nursing care at Carroll Manor, outpatient behavioral health, care coordination for Medicaid beneficiaries through the My Health GPS program, a working retail pharmacy and access to free medications to those who need it most. Providence, which has served the District of Columbia for more than 150 years, is transforming to a new healthcare delivery model that re-envisions the delivery of care to meet the community's health needs and how to best contribute to building healthier communities.
Providence is a part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Security Supervisor with Providence Hospital-DC, you will have the opportunity to supervises the daily activities of the assigned area(s).
- Identifies observations or trends having a negative impact on the campus and assists with the development of action plans. Conducts follow-up investigations on incident reports and analyzes incidents and conditions.
- Monitors associate adherence to policies and procedures.
- Oversees the training and development of staff. Develops, coordinates and implements shift schedules to ensure proper security coverage and protection of the Hospital.
- Assists with preparing security budgets. Maintains expenses within budget guidelines.
- Assists manager with daily operation of the department including, interviewing, disciplinary actions, staff management and contract management.
- Coordinates emergency drills.
What You Will Need
- Drivers License
- Security Guard License
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider.
- Law Enforcement.
- Security Professional.
- Security Guard specializing in Concealed Weapon.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Providence Hospital a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)