We Are Hiring
Our Lady of Peace in Lewiston, NY -- a part of Ascension Living -- has an IMMEDIATE OPENING for a "Health Info Management Assistant" in Health Info Mgmt Admin 001 Department on a Per Diem / Evenings basis! Please apply today if you are interested!
Why Join Ascension?
- We encourage a diversity of talent and thought – while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good – patients and associates. Our Health Info Management Assistants are on the front lines of the care we provide, and for that reason, Our Lady of Peace prides itself in employing some of the best Healthcare Professionals in Western New York. As an associate of the National Healthcare System Ascension Living, you will enjoy a full Benefits Package that boasts affordable health coverage and generous PTO. In addition, you have opportunity for advancement or relocation throughout your career with us.
- Working at Our Lady of Peace is definitely more than just a job too. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering high-quality Healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the local community. With a mission established decades ago, your role on our team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for nearly 20 years! We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
As a Health Info Management Assistant with Ascension Living's Our Lady of Peace in Lewiston, NY, you will have the opportunity to perform clerical and/or technical duties associated with medical records processes and procedures.
- Receives, analyzes, processes and files health information for completeness, timeliness and accuracy.
- Audits accuracy of electronic and manual entry, and facilitates resolution of any discrepancies.
- Maintains smooth operational flow by assisting with general clerical duties.
- Processes requests for release of information according to regulatory requirements.
- Notifies physicians and appropriate parties of requests when applicable.
- Performs clerical /technical duties associated coding processes and procedures.
What You Will Need
- REQUIRED: High School Diploma/GED
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)