We Are Hiring
Full-Time Hospitalist (Physician) for Providence Hospital - Mobile,AL
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Providence
- A 349 Bed Facility with State of the Art Hybrid OR
- Designated a Blue Distinction Center by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama for spine, hip and knee surgeries, as well as maternity services. This reflects a high level of performance in patient safety and outcomes.
- Committed to investing in technology: 64 Slice CT Scanner, TrueBeam Linear Accelerator,3T MRI Machine
- Engaged Physician Staff. 10 employed Primary Care Clinics (including 1 Pediatric Clinic) and 10 employed specialty clinics. These clinicians, along with affiliated physicians are heavily involved in the governance of the hospital.
- Birthplace of Mardi Gras. Although New Orleans may be best known for Mardi Gras revelry, the first Mardi Gras Celebration was held in Mobile in 1703. Mobile Mardi Gras is a time of family friendly parades, balls, Moon Pies, and revelry.
- Low cost of living. Mobile ranked 22nd in the nation for lowest cost of living according to the website Niche
- Strong foreign investment present. According to the Chamber of commerce, this includes more than 40 companies representing more than 20 countries. A few of which are: Airbus, Austal, Thyssen Krupp
- Easy access to travel. Mobile has 2 airports (Mobile Regional Airport and Mobile Downtown Airport) and also has a Carnival Cruise Terminal. Mobile is also located 2 hours from New Orleans.
- Located on Mobile Bay and driving distance to the Gulf of Mexico. West Mobile, where Providence Hospital is located, is approximately 45 minutes from Dauphin Island, and 1.5 hours from Gulf Shores. Both of these offer white sandy beaches along the Gulf of Mexico. These offer fishing and other recreational activities.
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Providence Hospital participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)