What You Will Do
Histology Technologist - Lab Pathology
Full-Time Days - 40 hours per week
Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital - Milwaukee,WI
- Participates in the evaluation of new techniques and procedures in the laboratory including the review of tissue and bone marrow specimens.
- Collects and prepares tissue specimens for complex and specialized tests to confirm a patient diagnosis.
- Demonstrates ability to operate and maintain equipment, perform quality control, and participate in technical problem solving.
- Provides instruction in theory, technical skills, safety protocols, and application of laboratory test procedures. Performs continuing education for laboratory personnel and maintains technical competence.
- Assists in the operations of the department, including the performance and maintenance of quality assurance, disposal of wastes, and proper safety practices.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of the policies and procedures for patient preparation, sample requirements, specimen collection, and pre-analytical factors that affect sample quality.
- Assists in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Histotechnologist credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required