We Are Hiring
Alexian Village of Milwaukee, an Ascension Living community, is looking for a caring and compassionate Security Officer to join the team! This gorgeous 440 bed continuing care retirement community offers independent living, assisted living, long-term skilled nursing, rehabilitation and therapy.
Every other weekend
Saturday & Sunday
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
Why join Alexian Village of Milwaukee?
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid time off, paid holidays, comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, vision and retirement plans with a company match
- Flexible scheduling and student-friendly
- Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What You Will Do
As a Security Officer, you will have the opportunity to provide security services to ensure a safe environment for staff and visitors.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of associates, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
- Monitor security cameras, fire systems, secure doors, property perimeter and gates
- Perform mobile and foot patrols both internally and externally
- Identify visitors and/or suspicious people and ask for appropriate identification, if necessary
- Respond to and direct EMS or Fire Department personnel to appropriate doors, rooms or apartments ensuring resident safety when necessary
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons or theft
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, and machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering
- Ensure exterior cameras and lights are maintained and functioning correctly
- Respond to mechanical needs and safety hazards of the property, including emergency water shut off valve operation, ability to distinguish when maintenance should be called after business hours, and lock out/tag out protocols
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
- Enforce the appropriate parking policy and assist with traffic control as needed (vehicle and pedestrian)
- Circulate among visitors, family members, and associates to preserve order and protect property
- Provide courtesy escorts around campus and vehicle assistance as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
License & Certification
- Required Credentials
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Preferred Credentials
- BCLS certification upon hire, or obtained within thirty (30) days of employment
- Management of Aggressive Behavior credentialed from the Management of Aggressive Behavior Training International, Inc.
- Security guard license or certification
Education & Experience
- Required Education
- High school diploma or GED
- Preferred Experience
- Previous experience in law enforcement
- Two or more years of experience as a security professional
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)