We Are Hiring
Senior Director of Human Resources
Are you a proven HR leader? We are seeking a strategic Senior Director of Human Resources to support Ascension Living. Apply today!
Ascension Living Corporate Office - St. Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Director of Human Resources with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to partner with market executive teams to develop strategic business plan, translate and implement into strategic HR plan. Partner in the development of leadership, culture, and talent with the needed competencies to meet the market business objectives; measure and evaluate HR programs, processes and systems, and monitor cost management and cost containment within the business unit.
- Diagnoses organization issues and determines root causes to develop evidence-based recommendations, business cases, and action plans.
- Directs and manages HR partners and advisors.
- Creates and implements an integrated human resources and operating plan that aligns people strategies with current and emerging business strategies.
- Participates in regular assessments of the organization's strengths and risks, regulatory and industry trends, and labor market dynamics as they relate to the operational, financial and clinical drivers of the organization.
- Maintains accountability for the system-wide standardization, development, communication and management of human resource policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with senior levels in the organization to define and execute change initiatives that advance the mission, promote values integration, increase organization effectiveness and improve results.
- Supports and integrates national initiatives and strategies.
- Represents the market business unit's perspective, needs and current practices in the development of human resources programs and initiatives.
- Creates and executes plans to integrate national initiatives with local initiatives to optimize organization capability and effectiveness.
- Develops appropriate communications, training and support to engage associates and leaders.
- Designs approaches to improve organizational, operational, and people strategies.
- Customizes HR, talent management, and operational solutions to address specific business imperatives to positively impact operational performance.
- Coaches and develops leaders and managers to deliver people management capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative, credible, trusting partnerships with individuals across a broad range of people and groups, both internal and external.
- Draws upon other HR groups (CoEs, HR operational services) to deliver required expertise, resources, and services to drive customer / organizational imperatives.
- Understands business objectives and needs and connects teams to the right individuals, business strategies, HR strategies, practices, and solutions.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 7 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Post Acute Care experience is strongly preferred.
- Senior living experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with business transformation is strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)