We Are Hiring
Alexian Village of Milwaukee, an Ascension Living community, is looking for a caring and compassionate Licensed Practical Nurse to join the team! This gorgeous 440 bed continuing care retirement community offers independent living, assisted living, long-term skilled nursing, rehabilitation and therapy.
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
Why join Alexian Village of Milwaukee?
- Be part of a great team and culture
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid time off, paid holidays, comprehensive and affordable medical, dental, vision and retirement plans with a company match
- Flexible scheduling and student-friendly
- Tuition reimbursement, discount programs and more
What You Will Do
As an Licensed Practical Nurse, you will provide basic bedside care to long-term care patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Perform delegated resident care tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Contribute to continuity of care and effective communication by documenting and reporting care provided and changes in the resident’s condition to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- Anticipate, recognize, report and respond to changes in resident/patient condition
- Implement interventions based upon the physician's medical plan and standards of care including medication and treatments with knowledge of therapeutic intent
- Assist residents and families with care planning, education and referrals
- Follow regulatory and ministry standards, policies, procedures and precautions in the performance of all job duties to ensure a safe work environment
- Assure resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate
- Assume responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local regulations within the assigned neighborhood
- Provides support with activities of daily living as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
License & Certification
- Required Credentials
- Wisconsin LPN license
- BCLS certification upon hire, or obtain within thirty (30) days of employment
Education & Experience
- Required Education
- Completion of an accredited LPN program
- Preferred Experience
- A minimum of one-year experience as an LPN
- Supervisory experience
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)