We Are Hiring
Manager of Security
Full-Time, Work Schedule: M-F 8AM-4:30P
Ascension Providence Health System - Washington, DC
What You Will Do
As a Manager of Security with Providence Health System community, you will have the opportunity to oversee the Physical Security Program for Providence Health System. Responsibilities include Safety Act Support, overall organizational security strategies, security and safety programs and oversight for operational security oversight. The scope of this role covers all utilized security technologies and services, including protection services, perimeter defenses, physical and logical access control, and profile management of all employees, contractors and visitors access control credentials. This person has responsibility for all security investigations, confidential data collection and protection, to include but limited to the development of security policies, standards, evaluations, roles, and the overall security protection of the facility.
This individual will work with all internal organization departments, community partners, law enforcement and public safety agencies in the development and implementation of security strategy designed to provide a high level of security protection for Providence. This individual must be able to develop and implement flexible security solutions, dictated by the needs of a 33 acre campus and rapidly evolving healthcare operating environment, at the appropriate times and achieved superior security customer focused results.
This individual must be a results-oriented individual who can achieve tangible improvements in the health system security arena. Excellent technical and communications skills are a must, as well as proven security leadership abilities.
- Develops, implements and manages safety and security policies, standards, procedures and plans. This may include, but is not limited to: creation of safety and security awareness programs, crisis management, workplace violence prevention, disaster preparedness plans.
- Directs and oversees security and safety compliance with organizational objectives including 24/7 health system security, and other third-party contracted relationships.
- Assists with writing and implementation of the following plans: Critical Incident Emergency Response Plan, Healthcare Continuity and Crisis Response Plan, Emergency Notification System, Bomb Threat Security Checklist, Active Shooter Protocols, etc.
- Serves as a member and/or leads various response teams, such as the Critical Incident Response
- Seeks out relevant security information and training materials to distribute on the premises, via approved methods of communication to employees. Conducts internal safety and security training to employees as needed.
- Performs security audit functions which may include facility inspections of public and non public areas to identify security vulnerabilities and safety concerns. Conducts internal audits to test and verify compliance with established security plans. Develops management reports identifying opportunities for further security and safety improvements and implements action items to resolve deficiencies or improve service delivery.
- Maintains accountability for all security and safety files, logs and reports for the required period of time in a manner to quickly and accurately recall any required/requested information.
- Assists with annual budget, strategic business plans and performance metrics for the Security Department.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider.
- Drivers License.
- Security Guard specializing in Concealed Weapon.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2 years of Security experience required.
- 3 plus years of Security or Military experience preferred.
- 2 year of leadership or management experience required.