We Are Hiring
President - Administration 001 - Full-Time,Day - Providence Hospital - BU 34014 - Southfield,MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As President of Providence Hospital Novi and Southfield, you will formulate and oversee the organization's planning, policies and practices in collaboration with executive leadership team. The Hospital President will lead the Hospital’s senior management team in planning, directing and coordinating operations to achieve the health ministry's mission, strategic directives and goals.
- Participates in development of the organization's vision, policies and short- and long-term objectives
- Develops, implements and monitors operating budgets for areas of responsibility
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and recommends cost effective and efficient solutions
- Serves as liaison between Board of Directors, executive leadership, management, stakeholders, financial institutions, and regulatory agencies
- Provides leadership to management team that enlists active participation/support and creates ownership of short- and long-term objectives necessary to achieve revenue/budget goals
- Collaborates with senior management to develop and implement policies and practices to deliver the optimal level of service to the community and ensures that services are consistent with the mission, vision, values and directives of the organization
- Creates a culture and environment that attracts, motivates, develops and retains qualified associates and physicians
- Provides leadership for performance improvement and quality initiatives to achieve high quality of care and patient safety goals. Ensures that the organization meets regulatory and compliance requirements
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with medical staff and integrates physician perspective in strategic and operational decision-making
- Collaborates and partners with key leaders across business units to optimize the delivery of care to patients, families, physicians and the community
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's in Public Health, Health Administration, Business Administration, Medical Management or related field required.
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Business Administration, Medical Management or related field preferred.
- 10 years of progressive, senior level leadership with operations or strategic planning experience in a highly complex, multi-site healthcare organization within the context of a larger system.
- 15 years of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: [email protected]
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)