We Are Hiring
Ascension St. Vincent's Primary Care - Oneonta is looking for a full time primary care physician. Needed for rural practice in Oneonta, AL. Be part of a team of primary care providers committed to helping patients on their wellness journey.
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension St. Vincent’s
- Founded in 1898 by the Daughters of Charity, we have the oldest hospital in Birmingham.
- Since then we have grown to include a regional network of healthcare services and facilities which includes five hospitals, a health and wellness facility, outpatient surgery and diagnostic centers, primary care network, home health and hospice, home medical equipment services, behavioral health, wellness services, corporate health services and specialized care.
- The system employs 4,700 associates and has more than 1,100 physicians serving on medical staffs.
- Why Birmingham? Our wonderful climate, tree-blanketed and hilly terrain, and the wonderful hospitality of our people make Birmingham an ideal place to live.
- Outstanding public and private schools, colleges and universities, including a world class medical research university at the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB).
- Birmingham is home to the Birmingham Civil Rights District National Monument, a progressive business climate that fosters growth, a revitalized downtown where people go to work, live and play, and an unparalleled food and art scene that has grabbed the attention of visitors and publications across the world.
- Highest concentration of health care jobs in any of the top 50 MSAs in the country.
- With one of the lowest costs of living of any major metro in the Southeast and more green space per capita than any other city of our size, Birmingham is one of America’s best-kept secrets
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
Ascension St. Vincent's Primary Care - Oneonta is looking for a Board Certified or Board/Board Eligible Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Med-Peds physician.
- Busy practice with 3 physicians and 1 APP
- Well-equipped clinic
- Practice established 40 years ago
- Greater earning potential
- Front loaded PTO
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Excellent Benefits package
- Retirement plan with employer match
- Deferred compensation plan, tax free investment account
- Paid CME allowance
- Paid licenses and permits
- Customized electronic health record, Athena
- Large busy clinic
- Appreciative patients
This is a hospital employed position at an accredited Rural Health Clinic.
- Full time postion
- Work-in same day or next-day appointments with online scheduling
- 8 – 5, Monday through Friday
- Use Hospitalist in an outpateint-only position
- Maintain electronic medical records in Athena
- Work as an integrated team of providers
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Graduate Doctoral Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Med-Peds physician.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)