We Are Hiring
Ascension Genesys Hospital is a state-of-the-art community teaching hospital with 410 beds, a level 2 emergency trauma center with a cardiac rapid diagnostic center, the Genesys Heart Institute, the Family Birthing Center, and expanded clinical expertise in neurosciences, orthopedics, geriatric services, oncology, and surgical procedures in almost every specialty area including minimally invasive and robotic procedures.
We offer rewarding career paths for healthcare professionals across all disciplines. Ascension offers a collaborative environment with competitive wages and opportunities for advancement.
Support Helper I - Patient Transportation
Part-Time, Day: 7a - 3:30p, 7:45 - 4:15p, 9a - 5:30p or 10a - 6:30p, rotating weekends, and some holidays
Benefit Eligible Position
Ascension Genesys Hospital - Grand Blanc,MI
Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a retirement plan with match
Paid time off
Wellbeing programs and holistic growth opportunities
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to
Performs a variety of tasks, such as: housekeeping, materials management, clerical, maintenance and transportation. Assist professional hospital staff rendering service to patients and their family. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities to provide care to the age group(s) served.
- 1. Demonstrates an understanding and commitment to the philosophy and objectives of Patient-Focused Care, continuous quality improvement, team interaction, and the mission and values of GRMC.
- 2. Maintains patient rights and the confidentiality of patient information.
- 3. Transports, transfers and moves patients (via wheelchair, stretcher, or as an escort if the patient is ambulatory) in a safe and efficient manner.
- 4. Assists in patient service as directed.
- 5. Delivers equipment, specimens, patients or records hospital-wide.
- 6. Maintains adequate inventory in stock rooms, stock carts, linen cards and other areas as assigned.
- 7. Keeps and maintains records as required.
- 8. Properly prepares and maintains supplies, linen and transportation equipment.
- 9. Cleans and maintains equipment as directed.
- 10. Maintains established departmental policies, procedures and objectives to provide for quality, and safety.
- 11. Projects a positive attitude and public relations image at all times.
- 12. Performs other duties as directed such as clerical.
- 13. Performs housekeeping duties such as cleaning department rooms, bathrooms and halls. Dusts and vacuums. Linen and trash removal.
- 14. Provides general maintenance duties.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- 1. Lifts, moves, assists, and prepares patients for procedures. Moves and uses standard equipment. Mobile throughout the hospital. Ability to lean, stoop, bend to floor, reach and retrieve items at overhead height.
- 2. Plans and follows directions. Follows oral and written instructions and orders. Good problem solving and analytical skills. Must be able to plan and organize shift duties without close supervision or direction.
- 3. Must be able to effectively communicate orally, in writing and by telephone with patients, physicians, other hospital staff, patient families, supervisors and hospital visitors. Must be able to hear warning signals, i.e., whistles, buzzers, or beeps.
- 4. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with patients, physicians, other hospital staff, families, supervisors and hospital visitors.
- 5. Maintains all required records. Ability to operate hospital computer systems.
- 6. Normal manual dexterity.
- 7. Must be physically and mentally capable of performing all of the essential duties of the position including the ability to see, hear, bend, stoop, pull, climb, walk, reach, move, lift and carry objects weighing up to 60 pounds.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Risk of exposure to blood and body fluids, communicable diseases, hazardous chemicals, infectious diseases. Lifts, pushes, and pulls patients, wheelchairs, stretchers, beds, and fully stocked carts. Majority of time is spent indoors standing, walking and lifting.
- ORIENTATION REQUIREMENTS:
- All employees are required to participate in the following orientations: New employee orientation,Department orientation
What You Will Need Education:
- HS or Equivalent
- High School diploma or equivalent from an accredited program required or Prefer 6 months or more comparable work experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.