We Are Hiring
Clinical Documentation Specialist - Total Quality Management - Full-Time, Rotating - ASV Riverside Hospital - Jacksonville, FL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent's HealthCare, you will have the opportunity to facilitate improvement in overall quality, completeness and accuracy of medical record documentation.
- Completes admission reviews and assigns a working Diagnosis Related Group.
- Ensures the working DRG and other information are entered in the Clinical Documentation Improvement database.
- Initiates and maintains extensive interactions with physicians and mid-level providers to address the need for more detailed information in the medical record.
- Collaborates with healthcare professionals to ensure the severity of illness and level of services provided are accurately reflected in the medical record and to resolve physician queries and documentation issues prior to patient's discharge.
- Maintains accurate records of review activities, ensuring reports and outcomes of CDI efforts are valid.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Clinical Documentation Prof. credentialed from the Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialists obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or
- Bachelor's degree required (BSN)
- 4 years of experience Med Surg/Tele preferred
- CDI, ICU, CCU experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work