We Are Hiring
Asst-Accounts Receivable - Patient Accounting 001 - Full-Time,Day - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam,NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to perform various accounts receivable clerical processes and procedures.
- Review insurance explanation of benefit reports for accuracy.
- Route debit balance accounts to collectors.
- Route credit balance accounts for refund processing.
- Identify, report and resolve payment discrepancies.
- Enter adjustments in a timely manner.
- Reconcile deposits with payments entered into the financial system to ensure accurate account data.
- Process payments according to third party payer rules and regulations using both manual and automated programs.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify links below for more information.
Right to Work